Welcome to a new year! I am so excited to start this journey with you-middle school! It is a time of change, new challenges, and sometimes a little stress. We are here to help you find success and do the best that you can. Enjoy the ride and let's take it day-by-day!
- students will be responsible for a morning routine-turn in anything for me or the office, make their lunch choice, take down chairs, prepare for their morning
- our buddy class will be third grade
- students have the opportunity to sing in the choir loft every Wednesday mass
6th Grade Advanced Math - 4th Quarter
6th Grade Advanced Math - Fourth Quarter
- Find the surface area of rectangular and triangular prisms.
- Find the surface area of pyramids.
- Summarize numerical data using the mean.
- Find and interpret the median and mode of a set of data.
- Find the measures of variation.
- Find and interpret the mean absolute deviation for a data set.
- Choose an appropriate measure of central tendency.
- Construct and analyze line plots.
- Construct and analyze histograms.
- Display and interpret data in box plots.
- Describe a data distribution by its center, spread, and overall shape.
- Draw and interpret line graphs.
- Select an appropriate display for a set of data.
Students will be able to answer the following Essential Questions
- Why is it important to carefully evaluate graphs?
- How are the mean, median, and mode helpful in describing data?
- How does measurement help you solve problems in everyday life?
- How is shape important when measuring a figure?
REMEMBER TO CHECK EMAIL FOR THE WEEKLY CLASSROOM NEWSLETTER WHICH CONTAINS SPECIFIC PROJECT, QUIZ, AND TEST DATES!
6th Grade ELA
Vocabulary--Units are completed independently over a 2-week span, with the last day of the second week being a test day. Parts of units are assigned in chunks, and students should be writing due dates for each section in their planners.
English--We will be focusing on capitalization and punctuation rules. We will be reviewing the Step-Up to Writing process while completing assignments and using what we have learned about punctuation and capitalization.