7th Grade PreAlgebra
- Powers, Exponents and Roots
- Scientific Notation
- Ratios, Rates, Unit Rates
- Proportions, Similar Figures, Scale Drawings
- Algebraic Expressions, Writing and Evaluating
- Algebraic Equations and Inequalities
REMEMBER TO CHECK EMAIL FOR THE WEEKLY CLASSROOM NEWSLETTER WHICH CONTAINS SPECIFIC PROJECT, QUIZ, AND TEST DATES!
Vocabulary--Units are completed independently over a 2-week span, with the last day of the second week being a test day. Parts of units are assigned in chunks, and students should be writing due dates for each section in their planners.
- General review of parts of speech
- Phrases: prepositional, adjective, adverb, noun
- Sentences: simple, compound, complex
- Capitalization and punctuation in writing
- Writing projects for English and in conjunction with other subjects
- English midterm and final
- Elements of plot
- Point of View
- Written response to literature
- Selections from literature book
Modern World History
This year, seventh grade students will study modern world history from the Roman Empire up to the Renaissance.
The following topics will be covered this year:
- The Roman Republic and Empire
- Eastern Europe/The Byzantine Empire
- The Rise of Islam
- African Empires
- Modern China
- Feudal Japan
- Early Native American Civilizations
- European Empires of the Middle Ages
7th Grade Religion
This year, the seventh grade students will study the history of the Catholic Church.
The following topics will be covered this year include:
- Understanding the Early Church framed in the Marks of the Chruch.
- How the Church solved conflict through councils.
- How the Church inspired art and culture through the ages.
- The Church under the Roman Empire.
- The Protestant Reformation and Counter Reforamtion.
- Modern Ecumenical Councils.
- Challenges to the Modern Church.
7th Grade Life Science
- Stream Team
- Human Body
- Bones, Muscles, & Skin
- Respiration & Excretion
- Fighting Disease
- The Nervous System
- The Endocrine System