The Saint Paul Parent Teacher Organization (SPPTO) is an integral component of the home and school connection. SPPTO sponsors school activities throughout the year such as Catholic Schools Week, Father-Daughter Dance, Night Out with Mom.
School Fundraisers, Breakfast With Santa, Trunk or Treat, and bus fare for school field trips. SPPTO holds four meetings a year. At these meetings, the members of SPPTO share with the school community the progress being made on these events. Guest speakers and faculty members also share their knowledge with the parents by giving them information regarding any advances in the classroom or tips on dealing with certain issues that affect our children today. The parents are also able to collaborate with the SPPTO chairs and voice their desires for future fundraisers and communal opportunities for school families and faculty to join in. At the last meeting of the year, the Principal of the school shares the upcoming year's academic changes and additions while the President of SPPTO recaps the year and where SPPTO is headed for the next school year.
St. Paul School PTO Meeting
Thursday, November 8th, 2018
6:34 – Meeting called to order and Opening Prayer
- Reading and approval of minutes from May, 2018 SPPTO meeting
- Kelly Kaimann thanked the parents for the dinner provided during Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Google Reviews needed for St. Paul School
- Additional reviews needed to boost the ranking in which St. Paul School gets pulled with Google searches. We have about 12 reviews so far.
- Financial Update
- Fall Sale and Trunk or Treat proceeds are down about $2500 combined from last year
- Allocations are totaling $14,874 this year so far
- We currently have about $19,000 in the SPPTO account; this puts us at around $7,700 not yet allocated.
- We would need to bring in about $10,000 in proceeds from the remaining fundraising events for the rest of the year to be able to allocate the same next year.
- Past Fundraising Events
- Trunk or Treat feedback. Many responses requested to move the event back to a Friday night and to shorten the time involved.
- Future Fundraising Events
- Discussion about a Spring Walk-A-Thon and interest in same. Class/school goals and rewards could be very cost effective.
- Possibly look into pizza or candy bar sales.
- Possibly switch fundraising companies every few years to get some different product options.
- Volunteer sign-ups for future events planned for the remainder of the year.
- Future SPPTO Meetings
- Discussed possibly bringing in different guest speakers at events. Little or no interest was expressed for same.
- Drawing of $25 TWB attendance winner.
- Congratulations, Carly Wilmes!
7:24 – Closing prayer and meeting adjourned